New Lounger
    Thanks

can not preview reports (Access 2000)

The error that we are getting is this:
    The instruction at "0x77fcb397" referenced memory at "0xb8001628". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program.
    Certain reports will not open. I don't really know what else to tell you about the database. One of them is connected to the data through ODBC, but another is just a plain database. Tried to compact and repair did not help. If we recreate the report it seems to work. If anyone else has ever seen this please let me know. Thanks!!!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: can not preview reports (Access 2000)

Your report is getting corrupted somethow. Have you compacted the database, and if so, did it have any effect?
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Compacting the database did not seem to help..............

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Is this a multi-user situation, and do others have this same problem? If so, do they share the same database the contains the forms, or does each have a copy of frontend? Have you tried creating a new database and importing all the objects from the old database?
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

New Lounger
    Thanks

We do have multi users sharing the database. They all have the same problems. With the one particular database there were problems in the beginning so everything was imported to a new database and it all seemed to work fine. We have not tried it since these report problems, but if that is what we have to do we will......

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

You didn't say if this was a split-database schema (frontend and backend databases), nor whether or not everyone shared the same frontend on the network. All-in-one databases are prone to corruption. The ideal situation in a multi-user environment is to have a frontend and backend database, and give everyone a copy of the frontend to run off local disk.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I've had this problem on some computers with both A97 and A2K once I'd upgraded to Windows 2000.

I found that the problem did not occur on PCs where the default printer was not an HP Laserjet. I tried changing my default printer to a non-HPand the problem disappeared. After a period of working without problems, I reset the default back my printer to the HP and the problems recurred more or less immediately.

Subsequently I think I was able to get a newer (or perhaps just different) version of the HP printer driver and the problem almost cleared up (I still get it occasionally but it's very much once in a blue moon).

I realise that this may not solve the problem in your situation, but it might be worth trying out.

Simon.