Lounger
    Thanks

Delelte Receipts? (Outlook 2002 SP1)

Since I upgrade to OL 2002, when I delete a message I occasionally see popup messages advising that the sender wants to be notified when the message is deleted. I can't find notify when deleted as an option anywhere (I know how to turn the popup off, that's not the problem). Since I'm testing 2002, I am 99.5% certain that the senders are using 2000.
    Thanks for any enlightenment.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Delelte Receipts? (Outlook 2002 SP1)

There is no 'notify when deleted' option. It's one option and the sender either gets a read or not read receipt back.

Read requests are meant to let the other person know when you read the message, as in marked it read. if you delete it without marking it read, they'll get a not read receipt back instead.

Lounger
    Thanks

I guess I wasn't exactly clear. What I'm really asking is what could be generating the messages I get that say "the sender asked to be notified when this message is deleted"?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

the sender is requesting read receipts on the email they sent you.

Lounger
    Thanks

But do you know why I would get two different messages for read receipts? I do see the ones where " [sender] has requested a read receipt;" but I also see ones where it says" [sender] has asked to be notified when this message is deleted." Do I understand you to say that both messages are randomly generated as read receipts? I cannot duplicate the situation with any combinations of options that I've tried.
    It's not a big deal to me personally, I just say no and close the notification popup. But since I am in support, I want to be prepared with some kind of an answer if this also happens to users after we deploy Office XP.
    Thanks for your replies, I do appreciate your taking the time to respond.