New Lounger
    Thanks

Win XP and Pub 2K (2000 SR-1)

User has brand new PC with Windows XP and (originally) Office XP Pro, including Publisher. Everyone else in our company only has Publisher 2000 SR-1. We can't open her files.

She uninstalled Office XP, and installed Office 2000 SR-1. She created a new Publisher document, and e-mailed it to us, but we STILL can't open it. Why not?

Other messages in this forum have stated that Pub 2000 and XP files are compatible. Is this not the case?

Error message states "Publisher cannot open files of a different version".

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Win XP and Pub 2K (2000 SR-1)

pub 2002 has an option to save in the old formats...

office xp pro does not include publisher, only the small business version does.

when she uninstalled office xp and installed office 2000, did she also uninstall pub2002 and install pub2000? she could of uninstalled just pub and installed pub2000...

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

MaryJ,

OEM versions of OfficeXP Pro supplied with new PCs do include Publisher 2002. AFAIK there are no issues with 2002 not rewading previous version files.

Andrew C

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

correct, if they get the small business version of office. (it's the only way to get SB)

There are issues with pub2002 and older versions. I know, i've hit it. I made some invitations in pub2002 and took it to a local office max for printing. I had to go home, save as pub2000 and go back. (I also did pub98 versions as insurance, since i wasn't 100% sure which version they had.)