Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    O2K/Outlook not responding

    I am having trouble with O2k (sr1a on winnt 4.0). Outlook, in particular, opens for about 5-10 seconds then stops responding. Have to go to Task Manager to close. This happens in Word, but not all the time like Outlook. Access is OK, but Excel takes an extended amount of time doing anything on it.

    I tried the repair utility in O2k. Tried to re-apply SP6a with all the hotfixes. Nothing. Uninstalled Office, ran Eraser2k. Re-installed O2k, nothing. I then had McAfee errors. Uninstalled McAfee, cleaned out the registry of all mcafee references, re-installed McAfee. Nothing. (Although the McAfee errors went away.) I also pumped up the paging and registry sizes. Nothing.

    I am at a loss now, anyone have any idea?

    Thanks.

    Mike

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    12,560
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: O2K/Outlook not responding

    McAfee will cause a lot of problems with some of the newer software. I have had nothing but problems with it. I will NOT use it on any of my clients machines. If they install it I will NOT support them. [img]/w3timages/icons/grin.gif[/img]

    Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

  3. #3
    Uranium Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Los Angeles Area, California, USA
    Posts
    7,453
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: O2K/Outlook not responding

    Have you disabled Find Fast (in the control panel) & disabled Outlook Journalling? If not, try that.

  4. #4
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: O2K/Outlook not responding

    Thanks for the help.

    I think I solved my problem late last night. Thankfully it wasn't McAfee or Office. We are in the middle of a domain change, and we set up a vb script that copies the profile of the old domain onto the new one and (re)creates an Outlook profile with the new exchange server and settings. We have done thousands of these and this is the first this problem occurred. I was able to save her profile then delete the original one, had her relog in and put her settings back to the new profile and this has seemed to solve the problem. Sorry about jumping the gun and posting this in the Office Solution board, but I really thought it was something conflicting with O2k. I have no idea what the cause in her profile was, but, all is well (for the time being.)


    Thanks Again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •