2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Netmeeting video prob

I just picked up a little webcam and decided to try netmeeting. On my intranet it works fine, showing my outstanding visage on my wife's laptop. Then I contacted my son via the internet. Not so successful.

Now, neither of us has really used Netmeeting before so we were just thrashing around. I suspect we have missed something simple. But, anyhow ....

I entered his ip address and we connected. Both he and I could see ourselves in the picture-in-picture mode. But we could not see each other. The chat mode worked. And, when I shared my desktop, he could see me in the desktop . But, no video and no audio transferred to him.

Any ideas? I'm running Win98SE and Netmeeting 3. I'm pretty sure he has Win2K and whatever version of netmeeting that came with that. Both of us are on cable modems.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Netmeeting video prob

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Netmeeting video prob

Well, I am always pleased to read one of Microsoft's programmer explanations early in the morning but, basically, I think I would have to understand a lot more about the program (and probably visual basic) before I would know what that meant. It does seem to say that, if you are in a call, you should be sending.

Thanks.