4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

A couple of beginner questions (97)

I am just trying to learn PowerPoint. I have a couple of questions for which I could not find answers in the help system.

1. I have a title, say "My Presentation" that I want to show on all the slides. I added it to the Master Slide but that does not cause it to appear on any existing slides or any new slides that I create. The help system suggests using reapply but that does not help.

2. Creating a bullet list is easy, but I cannot find a way to create a numbered list.

3. Is it possible to add items to a layout. The two slides I use a lot are is one with a title and bullet list and the one with a title and table; however, for both of them, I would like to have a title, subheading, and then either the bullet list or table.

4. Is there a way to apply formatting via my own custom template like I can in Word?

Thanks
    Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: A couple of beginner questions (97)

>>1. I added it to the Master Slide but that does not cause it to appear on any existing slides or any new slides that I create.

Do not use the title box to do this, you must create your own text box on the master to do this.

2. Creating a bullet list is easy, but I cannot find a way to create a numbered list.

Version 97 does not support numbered lists. You'll need to remove the bullet and type your numbers manually.

3. Is it possible to add items to a layout.

Sure. On the slide itself, just add a textbox. Work with your drawing toolbar at the bottom of your screen. Any text (additional to that in any given slide layout) requires a textbox.

4. Is there a way to apply formatting via my own custom template like I can in Word?

That's what the master slide is for. Select the title box and format it the way you want each title. If you don't want the title box, delete it from the master slide. Select the main *bullet* box and format the different level bullets with the type of bullet you want, the font, size, etc....all in the master slide. When you like it, save it as a template.

Let us know if you have any problems!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft has a download for creating numbered bullets in PowerPoint 97: Q189827.

Thanks

Regarding your question #3 - You may find some interesting discussions with <!post=this thread,8840>this thread<!/post> and <!post=this thread,1677>this thread<!/post>.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile