4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Continuous Forms (Access 97 SR2)

I have a sub form (continuous) that displays contact information. Next to each record is a button. Similar to the "OnFormat" event in reports, is there a function to do this in a form?

The only way I know is to have a text box behind each button with an iif statement or something. However, the button in question needs to check to see if the contact has been entered on the form that it opens, and if it is, make the text red, but if it isnt, leave it black - which i dont think will be possible on a textbox control source - but I haven't tried it yet. Any help would be much appreciated - if more info is required please reply and request it.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Continuous Forms (Access 97 SR2)

I'm not sure why you need that button, formatting of a line takes place in the form's Current event.

Selectively changinge the properties of textboxes on a continuous form is VERY difficult in Access97. About the best you can hope for is to change the backcolor (and you aren't really changing the backcolor, you are using a technique that makes it look like you've change the backcolor for a control). I have a technique for changing the backcolor of the current row of a continuous form, which you can get by following the link below to my website. You could use the same principle to apparently change the backcolor of specific controls. It is a much too complicated to try to explain here; you can download a sample Access97 database from my website that explains it fully and has sample forms and code.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Continuous Forms (Access 97 SR2)

Excellent, thanks Mark Ill give it a go.