Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tracking Changes in DB Design (2000)

Total Access Detective is what you are looking for. It's powerful, but it is not cheap.
    I use it for years and are very pleased with this and other FMS products.
    Francois

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks very much, Francois. I will check it out. Are you pleased with the way it reports changes in VBA code?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Visual Source Safe is the tool we use in the office. If you have Office Developer or VB Pro, VSS comes with it. It requires you to check objects in and out but gives you the ability to compare each checked in version of an object (forms, reports, macros, modules, queries) against earlier versions and even to roll back to an earlier version of an object if you've painted yourself into a corner. You can also share objects between projects, which means if you change the code or design in source safe in one project, the other projects also reflect the change.

If all you want is reporting, then the FMS tool is probably adequate. If you want control over the design, look into VSS.
    Charlotte

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Send me a mail (see my profile) and I'll send you some samples of the most important reports. What do you prefer: PDF or Snapshot format ?
    Francois

New Lounger
    Thanks

Tracking Changes in DB Design (2000)

Does anyone know if there is a tool available to take 2 DB's ("old" and "new") and report on DESIGN changes that have been made in "new"? IE: List inserted or deleted tables, colums, forms, controls w/i forms .... you get the idea. I'm NOT concerned with tracking data changes. Thanks.