3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Help with 'tray' icons

Can't remember the correct terminology for the space at the bottom of a Win ME screen that shows the START button and other shortcut cons and the currently open apps; but I need to know if it is possible to control which shortcut icons occur immediatly to the right ot the START button. I know that you can delete icons from this area and that you control the icons at the far right at the bottom of the screen by what you put in your STARTUP list.

I currently have desktop, IE, Win Media Player, and Outlook shortcuts and would like to add Word's but don't know how. It would make launching frequently used programs like Word far easier.

Can anyone help me?

All responses greatly appreciated and gratefully received.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Help with 'tray' icons

Open Start, Programs, right click on MIcrosoft Word, drag it to the tray and when the mouse icon turn in a big vertical bar, release the mouse button. Select Make shortcut here.
    Francois

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Bob,

Probably the easiest way to put additional icons in the Quick Launch bar is to drag and drop them there. If you hold the mouse button before you drop the icon you are placing there, you will see a black bar that indicates the position of the new icon.

My preference is to drag things to the Quick Launch bar using the right mouse button - this enables me to decide whether I want to Move, Copy, or create a Shortcut (the last being useful for program files).

To get Word's icon down there, you can drag it from your Start Menu. The actual shortcuts are ina folder called Quick Launch under the WindowsApplication DataInternet Explorer folder on your hard drive.
    -Mark

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Merci and thank you to Francois and Mark.

I don't know why I didn't think to "drag and drop".