4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Graphics in labels report (ACC97-SR)

I used a label wizard to create badges that have a graphic on them (6 per page).
    The graphic was an image, which had to be sized just so to make them paginate correctly.
    I've had some success using the graphic as a background on another report which prints singles (3X 5)
    but the background method won't tile correctly when on the 6 per page report.
    I've tried stretch-zoom-clip and tile settings.
    What's left?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Graphics in labels report (ACC97-SR)

What about placing a label or txtbox on a new form and sizing that until it prints properly, make it invisible and then place your picture on top of that without going over the edges?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

What do you mean by a "6 per page" report? If you're talking about a layout for 6 labels, rather than a single label layout printing in multiple columns, I've seen those in Word but not in Access. If that is the case, how you are populating the report? And if it is the case, I'm not surprised you're having problems because the graphic would have to be repeated in each "label", so Clip would be the only usable setting.
    Charlotte

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

If you are using the report's Picture property, you'll have a hard time making it work right. I would use a graphic about right size for your labels and superimpose an image control using this graphic as its Picture property over the detail section of the report. Size the image to same size (or slightly smaller) than detail section. Use Format menu Send to Back command for image so label text will display/print on top of image. For small image "Clip" setting usually produces best results. Attached is example, I used Customer Labels report (modified somewhat) from Northwind.mdb, for sample image used Globe background graphic located in OfficeBitmapsStyles folder, saved as bitmap.
    HTH or gives you some ideas....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Mark: I'm working on a similar project, and your post caught my attention. I had some trouble applying your recommendations. I started the label wizard and set the text I want to display. Then I did as you recommended, i.e., I superimposed an image control and selected a suitable piece of ClipArt to display. That's where my trouble started: the ClipArt piece insisted on displaying itself larger than my label. I tried changing the image size via the image control's property sheet, but all that did was shrink the image control window's dimensions. It did nothing to the ClipArt image. Where did I go wrong?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Try setting the Size Mode property of the image control to Zoom (or Stretch). It's probably set to Clip now, which means that you'll only see part of the picture when you shrink the control.

Stretch means fill the control, allowing distortion.

Zoom means fill the control as much as possible without distortion.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans! Fact is, right after I logged out, I discovered the answer! Stretch or zoom...either one does the trick!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, the stretch setting was the one that fit the best.
    This was kind of a tricky one, since all records were not identical.
    There was 1 group that had 4 fields, and another group with only 3 fields.
    Plus the way the graphic was designed, the fields had to fit perfectly over the top of the graphic.
    Everything worked out fine, though.
    All good ideas, people.
    Thanks