New Lounger
    Thanks

Creating a form (Word 2002)

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can help me with my problem. I am trying to create a Word form that will allow me to type on the top of lines that are on the page. Think of a lined comment area. The problem that I'm having is getting Word to allow me to lock the lines and allow me to type the comments on top of the lines so that it doesn't adjust the lines.

Does that make sense?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating a form (Word 2002)

If you are starting with a blank document hit your enter at least twice to get just below the top of the page (although you dont have to) then on a new line type a - dash (minus sign) three times and hit the enter key. It will make a line for you. You can then go above the line and insert a text form field. when you lock the form your user can type in the field without affecting the line...hope it answers your question.
    PS: if you want a different type of line try typing the # sign three times and then enter or try the _ (underscore) three times and enter.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Okay, that worked great. Thanks! I only have one more quesiton relating to this kind of thing. How can I do tha same thing without the line going all the way across the screen? I have a form that I'm creating that has a couple lines that are not all full width.

Mike

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Mike:
    There are several ways to create blank lines for forms. Tables with borders & underlined tabs are two ways that immediately come to mind.

For a good explanation on different ways to create underlines for forms, see this article.

Cheers,