New Lounger
    Thanks

FP2000 crashing (FP2000)

Most of the time I have little problem with FP which is one reason I like it so much. [I'm running Win98SE.] However it will not perrmit me to use frames. Each time I select a frame from the New menu I get the following exception message and FP closes down. The message is a follows:
    FRONTPG caused an exception 10H in module FPEDITAX.DLL at 018f:678a6529.

I've tried both re-installing and repairing to no effect. Any explanations or work arounds would be appreciated.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: FP2000 crashing (FP2000)

You might check out this Microsoft reference article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;EN-US;q264804. It appears you have a corrupt FPEDITAX.DLL .

New Lounger
    Thanks

Many thanks for the pointer. I re-named the file and re-installed but the same thing happened as before. So I re-named the file again and used Repair rather than Re-install. This seems to have worked. However, it makes me wonder about the efficacy of the Re-install and Repair procedures since they clearly failed to correct or replace a corrupt dll. My guess though is it's something I'm going to have to do at regular intervals in the future.
    Once again, thanks.

Thanks

I would be more concerned about why it appeared to be corrupt in the first place. Have you done a thorough Scandisk/Chkdsk recently?