New Lounger
    Thanks

How to scan a document into Access from a form... (Access XP)

I am trying to setup a database where the user will place a document on a TWAIN scanner, click a button on a data entry form to scan the document into a field in the database.

I found the Kodak Imaging ocx files and I have placed them on the form, but I cannot seem to figure out how to make them function. If anyone could explain how to do this, or point me to a book or website that demonstrates how to do this I would appreciate it very much!

Thanks!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How to scan a document into Access from a form... (Access XP)

Nick, I can't answer your question, but I did want to make one small suggestion which may be moot if you have a different plan in mind anyway. I suggest you not embed the images without making image files as well; unless you plan on just a few images.

I'm working with a client database in which scanned documents and photos of products have been embedded. Now the client wants to use the _enormous_ database with a Web site, and we are having a hard time extracting 1800+ images to put them into jpeg files.

Cheers.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How to scan a document into Access from a form... (Access XP)

Figuring out how to use an ActiveX control is always an exercise in frustration since their methods and even some of their events have to be found by going into the code module behind your form and using the right hand dropdown to tell what events you have to work with. Even that won't tell you HOW to work with them. You might try the Kodak website and see if there is an SDK you can download. Those usually have sample code that will give you an idea of how to program the control.
    Charlotte