Star Lounger
    Thanks

Help needed (OE 5 and 6)

After upgrading from Windows 98 to Windows 2000, Outlook Express 5 no longer starts, it says "MSIMN.EXE has generated errors". I've tried the fixes suggested by the MS knowledgebase article, the DBX files aren't marked read only and deleting the identities string from the registry didn't help.

Upgrading to IE 6 hasn't helped either. For a while it was working when I moved the DBX files from c:windowsapplication dataIdentities ...

to c:documents and settings<username>application dataIdentities ....

but the program would shut down with the same error message when trying to open a new message,
    and now after trying again to delete the identities tree from the registry and restarting, we're back to not getting in at all. Have also tried uninstalling IE6 and going back to 5, still nothing.

Any other ideas out there!

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Help needed (OE 5 and 6)

Solved my own problem (eventually!)

It turns out that Outlook wasn't working on this machine either, it reported an error with Ordinal 939 in MS09.DLL. I repaired Outlook with the Office 2000 setup, then imported the address book from Outlook Express, and then Outlook Express would function.

So the problem was either fixed by 1) repairing outlook, or 2) importing oe addresses into Outlook.