Thome

Visual E-mail Notification

Some people who have the visual e-mail notification turned on have told me that, when notified, if they click "No" (to the question of whether they want to read the new e-mail message), they are popped into the last window they were in instead of back into the window they were currently working in.

For example, you were working in Outlook, then you switched to Word and started working there. You then get an e-mail notification, you click "No", but you are popped into your Outlook window (instead of remaining in your Word window).

Any ideas? [Please don't tell me this is a "feature" .]

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Visual E-mail Notification

Unfortunately, this is indeed a "feature." I've called Microsoft about this problem, and they said to turn off email notification if I don't like it. I told them that Outlook 97 always let me keep on working, but they had no reply to that one. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you're stuck with it.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Visual E-mail Notification

Interesting, I just got upgraded to Win2K. I have visual notification turned off but play a sound is checked. When new mail arrives I get disk activity, a sound plays and the icon flashes in the tray. So far OK but if I ignore going to Outlook eventually it will pop up showing the email pane, usually when I'm right in the middle of typing something or trying to click somewhere (what a pain).

The interesting thing is it didn't do this under WinNT4.0 even though I was using Outlook 2K on both.

Any ideas abut how to stop this obnoxious behavior?

Thanks
    Thanks,

C DeWitt