2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Reports with Labels Sideways (Access XP Sp1)

G'day All

I have a report that is already landscape with 6 of the columns with headings "Impact", "Pressure","Fracture","Delamination" etc. The data displayed under these columns will essentially be a tick, cross or empty (quite narrow).

I'd like to have the labels at the top of the report sideways. I've been playing around for a while trying to come up with a method that looks like a sideways label using pasted bitmaps but they always appear stretched and out of place looking. All I really want to do is simply change the alignment of the label, such as you can do in forms with the Vertical property.

Anyone got any suggestions ?

A user (Mike [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] mentioned an OCX control to do it (http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...&vc=1#Post9855) but he's no longer in the forum.

Regards Ken

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Reports with Labels Sideways (Access XP Sp1)

Have a look at this.
    I think it's what your looking for.
    Francois

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

In A2K you can set report label Vertical property to Yes (Other property tab), the labels will display as shown on attached graphic. Isn't this property still available in AXP?? Of course it's not very flexible, you can't turn the labels sideways "the other way" like you can rotate text in Excel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

G'day MarkD

Amazing - I completely missed it. I saw it in forms but missed it altogether in Reports, even though I went looking for it - Thanks.

I might add however that you are right - it only does it in one way (I would prefer the other way ... no pleasing some people is there /) Also - the font seems quite shaky in Design/Preview although the printout is OK - it doesn't look like a horizontal label turned sideways but it's neat enough.

Anyway - thanks.

Regards Ken

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

First time tried to use this feature couldn't find it - like a dummy I looked for it on the "Format" tab of the Property sheet, where any logical person would look for it amongst text alignment, etc. Instead they hid it on the "Other" tab so no one can find it....