New Lounger
    Thanks

Unwanted auto minimizing (XP Home 2002)

My computer has recently started auto-minimizing games that I am in the middle of playing (Dungeon SIege and Pools of Radiance). The game is paused and when I click on the icon on the toolbar, the game comes back just as if I had paused it myself. This situation seems to have started after I ran disk clean-up, but could also be the result of downloading a firewall (the timing is fuzzy). It seems to be happening more with Pools than it did with DS but that might just be my frustration imaging things. Auto-minimizing does not occur when running e-mail or other non-cd-rom disk related programs. A friend told me that this is common but ...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Unwanted auto minimizing (XP Home 2002)

it usually happens when something takes focus - my first guess would be email notifying you new mailarrived, but it could be something else.

which disk clean up did you run and what all did you let it delete?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Unwanted auto minimizing (XP Home 2002)

MaryJ:

Thanks for the reply. I removed a number of programs I wasn't using (StarOffice, Print Artist 12). I don't recall removing any file that the removal process said might affect any other program. I ran the Disk Clean-up program that comes with XP (>Start >All Programs >Accessories >System Tools >Disk Cleanup) and ran the unused files compression feature.

I will add that I have Hi-speed Internet (which I disconnected to see if that would help . . . nope) and recently changed to a Logitech Optical mouse (which I changed for my old one again in hopes . . . nope)

I have also noticed that my desktop icons flicker every once in a while. I really should time the occurence.

Yours in frustration...
    ChrisBHB

PS. While typing this e-mail, the problem has not happened once!