3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Strange Email Experience (WinME, Outlook XP)

WIth help from MJ and Leif, I resolved the mystery of the missing Word file attachments (Thank you very much), but now I'm experiencing a strange email phenomenon.

I send email invitations to join a chat to a distribution list in my Outlook Contacts list. I include myself in the list as a means of ensuring that the mail is delivered. When I sent the notice yesterday, a few minutes later the email I sent showed up in my inbox as from me but to the first name in the distribution list. A second or two later an identical email arrived in my inbox from me and to the first name on the list. Please note that I did not receive a notice from a mail server that the mail was undeliverable; i received the email addressed to someone @mindspring.com, twice. I never received the notice from me to me or one addressed to my wife's email account which is also set up on this computer. I sent 2 more emails to the same distribution list. In one of those, I asked recipients to report whether they got the first or second notice. One of the addressees has replied that both were received. I have used this distribution list for a couple years without any problems. I have used it without problems since upgrading to XP. My IE is still 5.5 SP2. I haven't even done any maintenance to the distribution list.

If anyone has any information or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated and gratefully received.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Strange Email Experience (WinME, Outlook XP)

Have you checked your machine for viruses? This sounds like a side-effect of KLEZ.