New Lounger
    Thanks

Inserting Graphics into a form (Word 97)

I am creating a form for users to enter information to set up a job. I am using standard text forms and a drop down list to enter all of textual information, but I am trying to find a similar solution for placing a graphic image (.jpeg, .gif, .wmf, etc...) into the form. What I am envisioning is a button, or some text that the user can click on and open the standard file dialog to a specific folder. The image will be placed in a placeholder in the form similar to a textbox. Is this possible?? If so, what is the best way??

Thanks

Re: Inserting Graphics into a form (Word 97)

Sounds like something that could take a bit of coding. Let's suppose you start with an image in the document that says "Double-click Button Above to Change Picture". You can place a MACROBUTTON field that, when double-clicked, runs a macro. Now, the trick is to replace the placehold picture without wrecking the form. If they are guaranteed to be the same size, and you only have one picture, this doesn't sound too difficult. But you can imagine variations where there are multiple pictures of unpredictable size, in which case some additional thinking is required. Also would need to experiment if the picture is to be in a protected part of the document.

I realize this is all rather ambiguous, but is it on the right track for your needs?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply. This seems to be on the same track that I was thinking. The images will be coming from a digital camera, so they should all be approximately the same size. I would want the ability to insert up to 4 different images into separate frames. Probably 2 images per page with room for callout balloons, arrows and such, commenting on the contents of the image. If this requires some VBA coding for the macro, I don't have much experience with this programming language, though I do have quite a bit of experience programming in AutoLisp, a variation of common Lisp for AutoCad.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Dave:
    One additional thought. One way to keep the images the same size is to create a table cell & have your macro insert the image in the cell. A graphic inserted inline into a table cell will adjust its size to the cell.