Thread: File list

New Lounger
    Thanks

File list

For some reason, when I go to open or save files, the list now starts with the files and then the folders, in reverse order of normal. I am unable to find any settings that control this, though there obviously is. Any help?

Thanks

Re: File list

Click on the 'Name' tab at the top of the list - it sounds like you have them sorted in reverse alphabetical order which also puts the folders at the end.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, but the lists that I am referring to are those such as in WordPad. There are no column headings in these lists. It isn't exactly in reverse order, it looks more like it's date order. "My Documents" and "My Music" are the last two folders listed. It used to list correctly, then one day changed suddenly.

Thanks

Click on the View Menu button and select Details - that should give you the column headings.
    I believe the sort order is remembered - once you set it to how you like it, change back to the view you want.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (13.5 KB, 0 views)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you again for replying. When I change the view to details, I can change the sort order. But each time I change folders, it reverts back to the way it has been displaying. I don't use Microsoft Office stuff at home, so I don't have the same File, Open menu. I use Lotus WordPro and 123. (Much better imho). This file open display is also affecting WordPad, so I'm wondering if it is something in the registry.

Thanks

In Explorer, check Tools > Folder Options > View
    The setting for "Remember each folder's view settings" may have an effect.
    You could also try setting the current folder you are viewing to the way you want it, then clicking on "Like current folder"

New Lounger
    Thanks

That did it! I didn't think that changing that setting would have such lasting repercussions!

Thank you for your help!