Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Unexpected paragraph setting in table cells (Word 97 SR 2)

When working with a fairly large (50 pages) document which had a number of tables in it I was surprised to find that, every so often, the Paragraph information for all the cells in several of the tables had become set to:
    Indentation: Left 0", Right 0.4" (this 0.4" was what drew my attention to the problem!)
    Spacing: Before 6 pt, After 0 pt

Needless to say these are not values I would have chosen. Has anyone met this sort of problem?
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Unexpected paragraph setting in table cells (Word 97 SR 2)

Hi John:
    Were these indentations direct formatting (which could be removed by pressing Ctrl+Q) or part of the style definition? Do you have any styles in your document or attached template that have that indentation? I'm guessing that you might have had Tools/Templates & Add-ins/Automatically update document styles ticked.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Unexpected paragraph setting in table cells (Word 97 SR 2)

Phil, you seem to have hit the nail on the head, for to my surprise the Normal style, although not indicated as automatically updated, had these peculiar paragraph formatting settings. And in some tables, the text was formatted with Normal style. Thanks! John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...