Thread: PC Case Choice

New Lounger
    Thanks

PC Case Choice

I have been looking at high end PC cases. I'm overclocking my chip and I'm looking for a strong case with lots of airflow to keep my temps low. I've narrowed it down to 3 cases. I'm not interested in a "light show" case. I want a case that will enhance performance.

Does anyone have experience with any of these cases before I take the plunge?
    1. Lian Li PC-65 Custom Version 2 -- Blow Hole on top!
    2. Koolance PC2-C Mid ATX Liquid Cooling Case
    3. Enermax CS5190AL-001 Silver Aluminum Case

If there are any other suggestions, please let me know.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PC Case Choice

One of my really good friends who builds a new computer about every month usually favors the Koolance PC2-C Mid ATX Liquid Cooling Case. He seems to like that one the most. I trust his judgement so that would be my suggestion, but someone else may know more about those than myself

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm a huge fan of Lian Li's products, simply because they are well designed internally: no rough metal edges, motherboard tray, everything inside is well thought out (and removeable too).

The other benefit of the Lian Li cases is the aluminum construction - it makes the whole case a heatsink and lowers the internal temperature, extending component life.
    -Mark

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have had a change of opinion since I last replied to this. I would suggest Lian Li, because they are by far one of the greatest products. So I do have to concur with Mark on this.

New Lounger
    Thanks

This was the brand I was leaning toward. Already ordered it and its on the way. I going to add a 120mm fan on the top and a 80mm fan on the side which will be a total 6 fans. This should keep the 'ole' girl nice and cool.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I know this is a day late and a dollar short, but after reading this yesterday, I did some reviewing. I bought cheap cases always. Tom's hardware has a very good review on cases. Long but very good.