New Lounger
    Thanks

Changing Colors of Text and Boxes (Project 2000)

I am making a new project.. How do I say.... I want all of the task that start with Install for the box to be red and all of the task that start with install for the box to be in yellow... ?? Please help!

Thanks

Re: Changing Colors of Text and Boxes (Project 2000)

Are you saying that if the Task Name starts with Install (Capital I) that the text should be Red and if the Task Name Starts with install (lower case I) the text should be yellow?
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes... I am just trying to figure out how to change the box colors.. For instance.. Order PC's (I would like for all boxes that say "order PC's" to be red.. and then I have another task that says "Install PC's" ( I would like for that box to be green?? Hopefully you understand what I am trying to say. sorry if this is sooo confusing to you.. Thanks for any help!

Thanks

I know you can manually change the Task Name colors and could probably write a macro to do this automatically as well. (To change the color of a cell, place the cursor in a cell and select Format / Font from the main toolbar - you probably know how to do this.) However, Since I don't have time right now to work on the macro, here is a work around.

The following would put a graphical Indicator next to each task.
    - Insert the Text 1 Field next to the Task Name.
    - Insert a number in the Text 1 Field for each Task you want identified.
    --- For example, for Computer Insert 1, Printer 2, Paper 3, and so on in the Text 1 field

- Right Click on any field name in the Gantt Chart and select customize fields. Select Text Fields and then Text 1. Go to values to display and select graphical indicators. Insert equals 1 as red circle, equals 2 as blue circle and so on.

- When you select OK you will get graphical indicators next to the Task Name associated with the values you entered. This may not be exactly what you wanted but is a start.

Hope this helps.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)