racm

Macro activation button

Is this one of Uncle Bill's undocumented funnies?
    I have created a s/sheet with macros which activate with a button. If the sheet is in unprotected mode everything is ok. As soon as protection is enabled the cursor will not change from the hand when it is on a data entry cell. However If the scroll bar is moved down the sheet the cursor then behaves properly. Though if it is then moved back up and placed on a button it stays as a hand. Any suggestions as I think it must be some quirk in VBA.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macro activation button

I'm afraid I couldn't recreate the problem in xl97. What version are you running?

racm

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.
    This spreadsheet was created in '97 but I have just tried to run it with xcel 2000. Same problem happens. What is even more frustrating is that I have other virtually identical sheets (layout is different)all using the same macros but they work with no problem.

I will, if you want, send it to you as an attachment though only if you are happy to accept a file with no provenance.

Thanks again

Ruaraidh

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Post the file and we'll have a look at it if you like. I'll be out of contact until next weekend, but somebody may have a look before then.

Jon