New Lounger
    Thanks

tips (ol2k 9.0.0.2711)

<P ID="edit" class=small>Edited by MaryJ on 17-Jun-02 14:21.</P>Here is a handy tip for organizing messages. If you use Outlook as I do to keep track of projects in various stages, this will give you the flexibility to make status changes on the fly.
    In the screengrab you see a highlighted message. What you don't see is the ghosted icon [which I thoughtfully replaced with an arrow for you]. This is describing what happens to a message being dragged from one location in a window setup that is very useful.
    The window setup is such that, with the Group By box turned on [dark grey area] and displaying whichever fields you want for organization, you can drag a message between categories to change information, rather than typing it [you once pointed out the Subject line could be edited in an existing message].
    The status of the message, as well as the subject line, will change according to the location to which you drag this message, as can be seen in the pop-up tip indicated by the arrow.

edited to reduce oversized picture and scrolling
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: tips (ol2k 9.0.0.2711)

Another tip: Maintain the thread of the conversation, even tho you change the subject by dragging, by viewing Conversation [from Field Chooser].
    Note: Cannot do the reverse, that is, to change the Conversation by dragging to a different location in this view. Conversations are locked in.

New Lounger
    Thanks

[conversation to self - i'm doing this for the archives' greater good, so what if i look crazy?]
    Another observation: Having relocated one subject to a Flagged status, then replaced it back into the Unflagged portion, produced two instances of the condition Status: Unflagged. I'll follow up on this later to see what happened [unless some lurking soul knows why?]

New Lounger
    Thanks

Control + Shift and drag a field to the Group By box to get the field to remain in the display as well as Group By.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

because you copied, not moved the post?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes; I simply was not aware of the keybd shortcut.
    Aside- I can't believe someone else is actually reading this! I was thinking it would become a personal journal of trials and errors in LookOut... er, Outlook.