New Lounger
    Thanks

Where's the icon? (2002)

In Outlook 2000 and Me, when there's a new email message you haven't read, an icon appears in the system tray. Happens even if Outlook isn't (apparently) running. Great feature, I always thought.

But now that we've "upgraded" to 2002, this feature seems to have disappeared.

Is there a secret handshake somewhere that will restore this?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Where's the icon? (2002)

You must of had another application keeping outlook open, like winfax or PDA sync software. Outlook doesn't have a notification method when it's closed, except when something was preventing it from closing completely.

OL2002 now allows you to disable the envelope icon from showing in the tray. If you aren't seeing that, even when outlook is open, look in tools | options | email | advanced.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Where's the icon? (2002)

Alas, there is a checkmark in the box for "show an envelope when message arrives". In fact there were checks in all three boxes. I just tried unchecking "briefly change mouse cursor" to see if may that was creating a conflict.

We shall see what we shall see. Thanks for pointing my attention to that, at any rate.