Lounger
    Thanks

Do External Addresses need an Exchange Mailbox? (Outlook XP SP1)

Hi
    I was in correspondence with someone here regarding External Addresses, but I haven't had a reply recently, and I'm wondering if someone may be able to help conclude this issue . . .
    I had created a New Contact in Active Directory, but this contact doesn't show up in the Global Address List in the Outlook Address Book

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Do External Addresses need an Exchange Mailbox? (Outlook XP SP1)

ok.. you right clicked in the AD contained, chose contact. The second screen asks if you want to create an exchange email address. The box should be left checked and you click the modify button and type in the smtp address. Click ok and the entry is listed in the AD with a contact form icon and is added to the GAL.

If you don't have the exchange tabs on his entry, you need to right click on it in the AD, choose exchange tasks then establish an email address. This adds it to the GAL.

If it still doesn't show, you need to make sure that it's not hidden from the Exchange address book.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Do External Addresses need an Exchange Mailbox? (Outlook XP SP1)

OK, I think I know what the problem was . . . I think I interpreted 'Create an Exchange E-mail Address' to mean a Mailbox was going to be generated. I've set this up now and sent a test E-mail. I presume it will succeed, in which case I was (obviously) wrong to assume that! (?) !!

I generated a new Contact and modified the previously-created one, and I have (as stated) sent a test E-mail. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

As always, thanks heaps for your help and prompt reply, MJ. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]