2 Star Lounger
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Outlook 'autocorrect' (XP)

Does Outlook have an "autocorrect" feature? How does it handle changing a URL to a hyperlink as you type? I know how you do that in Word, but I don't know where that function is hidden in Outlook.

The problem is that I have a user whose Outlook XP "autocorrects" URLs incorrectly. When she types a URL in an email, it is sent out as "" instead of "" The end result is that when I click on the link she typed, the browser kicks off and then says, "I can't find that address."

I searched the forum and found lots of posts on a problem with the file type association for URLs, but I'm not sure if that's the same problem. The people who have that say that Outlook doesn't behave when they click on a web link. This user doesn't have that problem. Instead, she sends out mail that doesn't work for the recipient.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Writing Consultant / Word Template Designer
    Words Connect

Platinum Lounger
    Roanoke area, Virginia, USA

Re: Outlook 'autocorrect' (XP)

is she using word or outlook editor? Outlook (either editor) uses word's autocorrect feature but i've never had a problem with it causing problems with urls.

in any event, disable it in word and it should disable it in Outlook. if not, let us know which editor she is using.