New Lounger
    Thanks

Moving to new field

I am trying to design a form that allows me to enter data using a barcode reader. My problem is I that after I scan the barcode I want the form to go to the next field. For example if I am in Field1 and scan the barcode that reads 123, after the scan I would like the focus to go to Field2. I have tried to use auto tab and this does not work. I was wondering if anyone has done this before and how it might work?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving to new field

How do you proces the results of you scanner. If you use code to put the results of the scanner into a field on your form just add a line to that code:
    forms![frmYourForm]![txtYourNextField].SetFocus

If you don't use code to proces the result of your scanner, You have to do something else.
    I am assuming the result of your scanning proces is a number of characters and the length of that string is allways the same.
    Use the OnChange event of the field where the results of the scanner are stored.
    Test the length of the string.

if Len(me![txtScannerResulst]) >= dblMaxLength then
    forms![frmYourForm]![txtYourNextField].SetFocus
    end if

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving to new field

Thanks for your help. I did try this and it still wouldn't work. I ended up reprograming the scanner to include a return after each entry, this worked well.