Star Lounger
    Thanks

Update Title in Document Properties (Word 2000)

Good Afternoon,
    I need to pass a text string derived from two text boxes in a user form to the Document Title (BuiltInDocumentProperties.wdPropertyTitle). According to the VBE help the BuiltInDocumentProperties is read only. Post: 123696 from jscher2000 led me to download DSOfile.exe but having done so, I am no further on. I have installed it but do not know how to use it. My knowledge of VB is very limited and has been garnered very much on a trial and error basis. Can anyone please help? Many Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Update Title in Document Properties (Word 2000)

Some properties are read-only, but anything that you can change with the normal dialog you can change with VBA. Something like this should work. HTH --Sam
    <pre>Option Explicit

Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
    ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropert yTitle) = _
    TextBox1.Text & TextBox2.Text
    End Sub</pre>

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Thanks

Re: Update Title in Document Properties (Word 2000)

If you are working from inside Word, you won't need DSOfile.exe. Instead, you can use the syntax given by Sam. If you are working from a VB program, then you could use automation to open the Word document and, possibly changing ActiveDocument to some other object reference, use that same syntax. If you don't want to open the document, then you would need to use DSOfile.exe. I've downloaded it but never actually used it, so without some experimentation, I can't tell you the syntax for that. Hope this clarifies.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Folks

Thanks SammyB and jscher2000, your suggestion worked a treat working from inside Word - greatly appreciated.