New Lounger
    Thanks

Security 97 to 2k (2k)

I am upgrading to Access 2000. I have a secure DB with User names,passwords, custome groups. When I move my .mdw file over and join that work group, access doesnt use the user sign on. In the MS help files it say you should recreate your .mdw, but it doesnt say you have to. I have 40+ users and I dont want to have to recreate it.
    Thanks.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Security 97 to 2k (2k)

I'm a bit ignorant on this - as I've never tried it before?

What happens if you open your .mdw file in Acc2000. Does it give you the option of upgrading it? If it does, maybe this will work rather than having to re-build the whole thing.

J

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The workgroup that I use for all my Access 2000 databases is still in Access 97 format and seems to work fine. I think you have some other problem than simply using an A97 workgroup with A2000.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I wonder how you are joining the workgroup. Maybe access2000 has not really joined the workgroup.

I run both access97 and access2000 on my machine and each can use different workgroups at the same time. To get access2000 to join a workgroup I use the workgroup administator from within the Office/1003 folder .

To get access97 to join a workgroup I use the one in the windows/system folder.
    Regards
    John