3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

compile program (Access 2000)

When I go to Debug and Compile, I get an error msg saying "error accessing file, network connection may have been lost". The problem is that I am not using the program on a network. Anyone has any idea?

Thanks

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: compile program (Access 2000)

I had this problem before. I just shut my computer down and left for a couple hours, and then came back and it didn't happen again. I don't know if it will work for you, but you never know. Otherwise you may have to import your database into an uncorupted one and get rid of the corupted one.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Apparently there is a report which is corrupted and it causes all the grief. I have to create a new database and import all the objects (except that specific report) and then everything works fine. If I import that corrupted report, not only the report will not work, it cause the so called "network error" and the entire database will have problem in compiling.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I suspect you've been bitten by the 2000/2002 bug. If you installed any XP application, including things like Visio 2002 and Project 2002, it installed an updated version of the vbe6.dll, which can break Office 2000 code objects. Take a look at MSKB Q304548 for more information on that problem.
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Charlotte,

You are right. I simply copied and pasted a report and then the entire mdb had all those errors. It even said that my

dim dbs as adodb.connnection

is an invalid function call.

Thanks