Star Lounger
    Thanks

VBA in Excel (Excel 2000 SR-1)

I'm just starting to learn how to write scripts for Excel and other Microsoft programs. I didn't have any troubles messing around in Project, but in Excel every time I try to do anything to my personal.xls, it says it's hidden. "Cannot edit a macro on a hidden workbook. Unhide the workbook using the Unhide command." Is there any way to unhide it?

Thanks,
    Justin K.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: VBA in Excel (Excel 2000 SR-1)

If you select Window from the main menu, then select Unhide you should be presented with a list of possible workbooks to unhide. Select Personal.xls. When you have finished with the code, you should Hide it again using the Windoe menu.

However a better method might be to access the VBA editor with Alt-F11, and then select Personal.xls from the list of available projects. See attached graphic.

Personal.xls is a special workbook used mainly to store macros and functions that are required for use with all workbooks.

Andrew C
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

You can also just step into (instead of run) the macro, which gets you to the first line of the macro, press the stop button on the toolbar and edit the macro. HTH --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

But be aware, that for projects that contain global (public) variables, these variables will be reset when one presses the Stop button.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association