2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

From AOL - to Outlook (outlook 2002)

I as the 'wise one', I have finally convinced my friend to migrate from AOL and set up her e-mail through her cable ISP. She is owns Outlook 2002.
    Is there a way for her to export her contact data, her messages & folders from AOL and into Outlook.
    I will deal with as many steps as necessary. Without this the 'wise one' looks ... well, not so wise.
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: From AOL - to Outlook (outlook 2002)

You will not find much help in this area. AOL and now "MSN Explorer", this data is stored on their servers and they OWN it. This is how AOL has been able to keep most of their customers, no one wants to lose their data. Also by having the data on their servers, is how they (AOL and MSN) can tell what ads to add to your home page, based on the stored data.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: From AOL - to Outlook (outlook 2002)

unless AOL can export to csv format, not really. another option which will the names and addresses (but not any other contact information that may be in the AOL address book) is to forward messages as attachments to outlook, open the attachments and right click on the to/from names and add them to the address book.