Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Organize - Rules (Outlook 2000 SR-1)

I have created many rules using the
    H Lewton

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Organize - Rules (Outlook 2000 SR-1)

I'll take a stab at answering your question --- that might be totally off base as I'm making some assumptions about what you've done (the "I'm guessing" part of my answer below).

I'm guessing that rather than create over 30 rules to delete junk email from your inbox that you've actually just added email addresses to the Junk Senders list. I'm also guessing that you have one rule that says if its email from a junk sender then delete it. I'm also guessing that you may have additionally created a few additional rules that depend upon something other than a sender's email to identify it as "junk" (the remaining rules out of the 9 or 10 you mention).

Outlook classifies email as from a Junk Sender if (1) its on your Junk Senders list, or (2) fits the criteria that are hard-wired into Outlook (for a description of the criteria look here:

http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...ewfilters.aspx

The information regarding the emails of junk senders is stored in a file called "Junk Senders.txt", that is stored on your hard drive ... in a location that depends upon your operating system setup.

Therefore you won't see a rule for everybody you've added to the Junk Senders list.

Hope this helps (i.e. that my guesses are correct and hence my advice is on track).

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Aebingham,

I looked at the criteria from your link and you may well be correct. If I understand Microsoft Junk E-Mail Filter Readme correctly, even though I did create a rule using the Organize button it was considered classified as junk because it fit one of the criteria that Outlook considers as junk mail so it did not show up when I checked the
    H Lewton

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes I think your assessment is "feasbile" ... but I just wanted to add a piece of advice that I have found useful (that I picked-up from someone-ages ago) --- the Microsoft Junk E-Mail Filter Readme is NOT foolproof, it will let some truly "junk" mail slip through and it will periodically classify stuff that you personally would not consider junk mail as junk --- therefore I recommend moving mail from Junk Senders into a separate subfolder of your Inbox (mine's called JUNK MAIL) instead of deleting ... then scanning anything that ends up in that folder for anything that looks like I really should read (for example when I'm working on budgets with staff quite often there replies that might use lots of dollar signs '$' gets marked as junk).

So for example here's what my Rule regarding mail from Junk Senders looks like:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Aebingham,

Thanks for the help. I will certainly use it. It makes a lot more sense now.
    H Lewton