New Lounger
    Thanks

Ctrl-C (Office 2000)

I have a user whose ctrl-c shortcut does not work in any Office application. He has tried both the left and right ctrl key in various applications. If he selects an area to be copied and presses ctrl-c, it erases the selected area and replaces it with the letter "c'".

Thanks

Re: Ctrl-C (Office 2000)

That almost sounds like the Ctrl key is not working. Has it just started happening?
    Can you try another keyboard?
    Does it work in Notepad?
    What happens if they use Ctrl_Ins and Shift_Ins for Copy and Paste?

New Lounger
    Thanks

The user is not on-site so the results of this kind of testing can take a while. I'm having him try other ctrl- functions and a different keyboard. Also, this is a laptop, so I'm having him try the onboard keyboard instead of an external keyboard.

Thanks for the suggestions.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Ctrl-Alt-Del does nothing. I had the user select some text in WORD and do a r/click> copy. Then point to a blank area and do a Ctrl-v, he got the letter "v". He is using his laptop's onboard keyboard. Had him try with the laptop undocked. Same results.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

This definitely sounds like a keyboard problem. You were on the right track with the mouse method... Except have him/her paste with the mouse to verify that copy/paste is working properly without the keyboard.

You can also use the Edit menu to test copy/cut/paste with mouse or keys (Alt + E, T | etc...)

HTH

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I had the user connect an external keyboard (this is a notebook computer) and the ctrl key worked perfectly. Now if I can just get the user to give up his notebook long enough for me to get it repaired......

Call this issue closed!