Thread: Ctrl-C

New Lounger
    Thanks

Ctrl-C

I have a user whose ctrl-c shortcut does not work in any Office application. He has tried both the left and right ctrl key in various applications. If he selects an area to be copied and presses ctrl-c, it erases the selected area and replaces it with the letter "c'". Ctrl-Alt-Del does nothing. I had the user select some text in WORD and do a r/click> copy. Then point to a blank area and do a Ctrl-v, he got the letter "v". He is using his laptop's onboard keyboard. Had him try with the laptop undocked. Same results. This is also posted under Office.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ctrl-C

Does CTRL+C/CTRL+V/CTRL+X work in other areas of the system, and just fail in Office? You can test this very easily by typing text into Notepad, a dialog box, or anywhere else - these keys are almost universal. If it only fails in Office, then it's Office-specific. If not, it's an OS issue and belongs here.

I'd suspect that something has assigned this as a hotkey and that's why it doesn't work. Disable all add-ins and other programs that are running in the background and test without them.
    -Mark

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ctrl-C

I will have the user test ctrl-c/ctrl-v in Notepad. My guess is that given that Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work, ctrl-c in Notepad won't either. But I'll give it a try, just to be sure.

Thanks,

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.