Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Why 'publish to Word'? (2000/9.0.3821 SR1)

I know I can publish an Access report with Word. I'm working on my first real database in Access, and one of my tasks is to convert an old Word document with a big, unwieldy table into an Access report. The results so far are very satisfying. I've got a report that very closely resembles the original, but in many, many ways is far superior.

Just for fun, I clicked on "Publish it with MS Word." (I'm in one of my reports.) The result: In Word, I saw my formatting and data scattered all over the place. It was a mess! I'm sure there are some tricks I know nothing about, but I gotta ask: Why would I want to send this or any other Access item to Word? (There must be a reason--I just don't know what it is.)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Why 'publish to Word'? (2000/9.0.3821 SR1)

Most Access experts will agree (I think) that exporting a report to Word is almost worthless. All graphics are lost, and formatting is messed up.

Exporting a table or query is OK, though. You get a decently formatted table in Word.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I see.

'Exporting a table or query is OK, though. You get a decently formatted table in Word.'

But why should I export a table or query to Word? What's the advantage? Can't one print a query in Access? Thanks, Hans!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Lucas,

For example, people writing scientific papers often need to include tables with results. You also see tables in commercial brochures etc.

Regards,
    Hans

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I understand now. Someone using Word might want to import something outta Access, but probably no one would send a report or other Access item to Word just for the *&%$ of it. Thanks!