Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    2 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    No left/right/format function (2000)

    We updated a database from Access to 97 to 2000. Queries that used to work in 97 no longer work - and complain of an unknown "Left" function. We get the same errors for the "right" and "format" functions. I've seen this before in Access 97, but don't remember the fix. We've recreated the fields, compacted the database, etc. Help!

    Thanks!

    Larry

  2. #2
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    NYC,USA,Earth
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: No left/right/format function (2000)

    Open a standard module or form or erport module in design mode. go to Tools menu...References. Look for any checked box that is followed by the word missing. You will need to fix this reference for the built in functions to work.

  3. #3
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    Posts
    16,775
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: No left/right/format function (2000)

    You may also need to be sure the DAO 3.6 reference is checked if this code originated in Access 97.
    Charlotte

  4. #4
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Salem, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: No left/right/format function (2000)

    Larry,
    ... You might want to check the thread "Runtime Compile Error" in this forum, and I am sure there are another couple of threads about this subject but I was not able to find on a quick keyword search. I was also getting similar breakages on simple functions such as left or right (hmm, even though my msg doesn't seem to say so), because of a reference incompatibility in one of those libraries. Charlotte Explains It All in that thread, so I would recommend reading that. I think I resolved the problem by merely removing the comctl32.ocx library reference -- I didn't need it.
    thx
    Pat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •