New Lounger
    Thanks

Categories (Office Premium 2000)

How do you search for tems in all categories in different folder types? Please do not refer me to SlipStick because I have already been there and could find nothing regarding this.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Categories (Office Premium 2000)

advanced find - not sure it'll do categories across all items types though.

slipstick has several search utilities that may handle it better than the native advanced find.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Categories (Office Premium 2000)

Advanced Find ... start off with Find in your inbox ... choose Advanced Find ... and then in the Look for field choose from the drop-down menu "Any type of Outlook Item" ... if you leave the Categories field (in the More Choices tab) empty the search will go across all outlook folders within ONE personal folder file.

If you want to look across different personal folder files ... I think Outlook 2002 can do this, but I don't know as I use Outlook 2000. ... If you don't have Outlook 2002 and this is what you want to do then my advice above doesn't help ---- sorry.

FYI-I've included a screen capture of one such find action, in which I looked for the word "help" ... and got hits in a return-receipt email, in some Calendar items, and in some Tasks:
    Attached Images Attached Images