Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Pushy text box (2000)

In a report, I have a column of five bound text boxes on the left side. Directly to the right, I've placed an unbound text box that displays a message that changes depending on the value in one of the bound text boxes. I've formatted the unbound text box to "Can Grow"--one of the messages requires one line, while the second message requires two lines. I think the message looks better with the box formatted to grow. However, when the box grows to accomodate two lines, the vertical space between the third and fourth bound text boxes on the left grows too! The boxes themselves don't grow--they're not formatted to Can Grow. It's just the vertical space that expands! How can I stop this behavior?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pushy text box (2000)

CanGrow affects everything on the same line because the whole line has to be expanded to accommodate the size increase in that one control. You would be best off to just make the unbound control the height of the 5 bound controls and leave CanGrow turned off for it.
    Charlotte

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pushy text box (2000)

Well, all-righty! Bummer.

But...I think I'll just rearrange the boxes. I'll put the five little bound boxes on one line across one line and put the pushy "can-grow" box beneath them. Thanx!