New Lounger
    Thanks

Reassembling Multi-Part Messages (OfficeXP (10.3515.3501 SP-1))

I received a 5MB email that's been broken up into 19 502kB attachments. How do I get Outlook to re-assemble the attachment back to the origional 5MB?
    Help talk s about the breaking up, but not the reassembly.
    The sender suggested that it should be automatic when clicking on the 1st email but it isn't.

Any clues? Thanks

Mike B.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Reassembling Multi-Part Messages (OfficeXP (10.3515.3501 SP-1))

it's supposed to be automatic, but sometimes has problems. you'll need to use a utility like wincode. it might work to import them into OE and use it's combine option, but i've never tried.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, but it didn't work...more about this later.

I found a KB article that says that the break apart function is NOT supported in Office 2002...I assume this means that the reassemble function is not supported either. I'm quite surprised that this function has been removed from O2002.

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;en-us;Q287766

Re the extract to OE. How do you do that? Export doesn't seem to offer a way to do this to individual files or folders? Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Mike B.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Reassemble is supposed ot work under OL2002. But it doesn't always, especially if the mail sever removes information from the header or the messages don't always arrive at once.

To try in OE: create a new folder in OL and move the messages to it. From OE, import that folder (File | import menu). Then use OE to try an put them together. I'm not sure if the header gets messed up during the import - if so, it won't work. You'll need to use a program like wincode. (Winzip might work too) You'll need to copy all the text from the messages that are between the snip lines and paste into notepad - in order. Then run it through wincode.