New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't Backup User profile?

I have installed a stand-alone, non-networked version of W2k SP2. When I tried to backup my profile, which is the Administrator's folder under Documents and Settings, to another Drive, under My Computer, User Profiles, Copy to and then Copy Profile To, nothing happens when I choose the folder to copy to. Is there a registry setting to turn this function on? I also created another profile after someone suggested that because I log in as the administrator, the profile was in use; however, I still could not backup the Administrator profile even though I gave the profile administrator rights.

Any Help will be appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Can't Backup User profile?

I beleive you hit a very good reason NOT to use the Administrator account as the only account. I think you will find that this account is machine protected to prevent the Administrator settings of one machine to be copied to another and be able to break into it.

By design these Administrator's settings were NOT to be moved from one machine to another.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks

Maybe you're a good candidate for trying Personality Tranxport Pro, described in this thread. If you do, I would be interested in your comments on the product.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

At our computer club we had a presentation from http://www.detto.com on their product "IntelliMover" and I do not think they could copy and move the Administrator settings

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.