2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem with profile (Netscape 6.2)

For no apparent reason, I could not longer browse or use email in Netscape. Re-installed it and it crashed every time. Spent time with Tech support. Found a "plugtmp" file in Mozilla in my profile that is 425GB!! Naturally this is the problem. Can't delete it. Tech support doesn't know what to do. Created new temporary profile to use. Any one have a suggestion?
    LibbieL

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problem with profile (Netscape 6.2)

Have you tried running ScanDisk? That sounds like a corrupted file and ScanDisk may fix or delete it. What version of Windows are you running? I would recommend backing up any files that you can not afford to lose before doing anything else.
    Legare Coleman

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problem with profile (Netscape 6.2)

Thanks for your suggestion. Before all this happened, I had run scan disk from Norton Systemworks. It indicated that the Mozilla file was too large and offered to fix it. I said yes. It then said everything was OK. But then that was when I discovered that I could not use my regular profile in Netscape. Had to create a test profile and everything worked fine. But that humongous file was still there. After taking care of whatever I needed to do on the computer, including copying the bookmark and address files and backing up all my other important files, I shut down. Guess that was a mistake because today I could not boot the computer!
    Luckily I have a laptop and I updated the bookmarks and address book for Netscape on it. I will use it until the computer techs that built my machine fix it, wipe it clean or whatever.
    LibbieL