2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Removing macros in Outlook 2000

I created a new form in Outlook 2000, based on the Message form. I wanted the form to close when I replied to it (just like the base Message one), and I was advised that I should use a macro to do this (a Close in the form's Reply event). For a number of reasons, it didn't do what I wanted, so I removed the macro code from the form, but I am STILL being asked if I want to enable or disable macros whenever I receive one of these forms! All I did was physically delete the macro code in the Script Editor - should I have done something else? Or is there a different answer?

TIA

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Removing macros in Outlook 2000

it needs published to get rid of the message. and are you sure you're opening the one you removed it from?

also, clean up the forms cache, either from the forms manager or by deleting the frmcache file on your drive.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Removing macros in Outlook 2000

Yes, the form has been published, and as I changed the look of it at the same time as removing the macro, I can tell that the one's that are arriving are indeed the new version. I've tried deleting the frmcache.dat file, but as this is in my local hard drive, I can't see that other users are going to benefit from this action!