Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Uninstall? (VB 6.0 / W98)

Thanks to Loungers I discovered the Package and Deployment Wizard in VB 6, and it works wonders. I notice that it also creates a file named ST6UNST.LOG in the folder along with the application, and this file contains a record of what and where the application was installed. The file opens with the following statement:

%% PLEASE DO NOT MODIFY OR DELETE THIS FILE! %%
    %% This file contains information about the installation of an application. %%
    %% It will be used to automatically remove all application components from your computer if you choose to do so. %%

However, the Wizard doesn't seem to create the uninstall program that would "automatically remove all ... components." Is there something else I can do to get it to create the uninstall option in the program's folder?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Uninstall? (VB 6.0 / W98)

Chuck,

If users want to uninstall a program, they should use the Add/Remove Programs applet in the Control Panel.

All software that has been officially installed appears here. The Add/Remove... button uses the install log to decide what should be removed if the user chooses to uninstall.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Uninstall? (VB 6.0 / W98)

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the clarification.