Thanks

moving admin to user

Well, my pragmatism has gotten the best of me... started using this Win2k laptop under the advice to stay logged in as 'admin' and now I'd like to stay logged in as a power user.

FWIW, I'm the only the user on the machine and I've encountered that nasty 're-enter password' in Outlook 2000.

I'm in the process of getting the 'admin' Outlook 2000 stuff over to the 'user' profile (for lack of a better word) and now realize it's almost like a whole new machine [img]/w3timages/icons/yikes.gif[/img]

So... I need to know the quickest way to get the 'user' log-in to look/act like the 'admin' login but with the ability to receive email without having to enter the password umpteen times a day.

I'm looking for the trick to move desktop items, startup stuff, Quick Launch, and IE settings (especially the Links toolbar) to the 'user' desktop.

Think I'll stay logged on as 'admin' again? Ha! Lesson learned.[img]/w3timages/icons/sick.gif[/img]

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: moving admin to user

whoever gave you the advice to always use admin wasn't good at giving advice

log in as admin, copy shortcuts and files to a shared location the power user can access and boot back to user, then place where you want.

i'm not booted in as admin so i can't test it, but the admin might have access to the user's files. if so, no need for moving the files to a shared location, just put them in the correct location in the user's folders.

moving items around the start menu sometimes will make them available to all users too.

Thanks

Re: moving admin to user

<hr>whoever gave you the advice to always use admin wasn't good at giving advice
    <hr>
    Ain't that the truth!

All in all, it's kinda like swapping a coin in your hands - it's still yours, but you have it somewhere else (?)

Thanks for walking me through this and being there in case, er, when I fall [img]/w3timages/icons/ribbon.gif[/img]