4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

. listings (Access 97/SR2)

I have added a function to a database which extracts attachments from email. However, when developing this function I've been having trouble working out what the properties and methods are (the bits that usually appear after the full stop) i.e. with the following, I had trouble finding out the .savefile part of the line:
    myitem.Attachments.Item(1).SaveAsFile

This seems to only be the case with functions that only work if a reference is present. Is there a way of getting the list to appear or is there a book or website or something that provides the lists for various functions (I think thats the right term).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: . listings (Access 97/SR2)

In the first place, there is an Outlook VBA help file. It is not installed by default, however.
    It is included on the Office 97 CD, in the ValupackMorehelp folder: Vbaoutl.hlp and Vbaoutl.cnt.
    Copy these to C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice (you can overwrite the smaller existing files; also delete Vbaoutl.gid if that exists). The object model for Outlook 98 / 2000 is not much different.

In the second place, if you set a reference in Access to the Microsoft Outlook xx Object model, you can use the Object Browser to learn about the Outlook objects, methods etc.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: . listings (Access 97/SR2)

Thanks Hans.

I cannot believe I have been developing databases for just over a year, and not used the object browser before!!! Its like a big steel curtain has been removed!

Thanks again Hans.