3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ADO form recordset (2000)

How do you do the following in ADO? It's part of a search routine used in 97 that must be converted to 2000. I do not have the luxury of referencing libraries. I know about opening a form w/ a criteria, but I'm not opening a form. I just need to get to the form's recordset in ADO.

Dim rst as DAO.Recordset
    set rst = Me.RecordsetClone
    rst.FindFirst "Criteria"
    if rst.NoMatch Then
    Msgbox "No Match"
    Else
    Me.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark
    EndIf
    rst.Close

Thanks for your help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ADO form recordset (2000)

You can't do it like that. And don't try to base an ADO recordset on a DAO recordsetclone because it won't work. Is there some particular reason why you have to do this in ADO? Access 2000 supports DAO and for somethings (like this), the DAO works better and faster. The DAO 3.6 library is installed with Access 2000, so the only reference you need is the one to that library. If you aren't allowed to set that reference, then you should hand the whole thing back to whoever gave it to you and tell them you can't work with one hand tied behind you.

There is a "loosely" equivalent navigation method in ADO, but I haven't found it to be as reliable as the DAO version and only allows a single criterion--no AND allowed. You can get the details in MSKB Q195222.
    Charlotte