New Lounger
    Thanks

Word Mail merge in Tools

I have Word 2000, in Windows 98. In the tools menu Mail merge is listed 20 times, only one with an arrow. I do not and have never used Mail Merge. How do I delete all the surplus Mail Merge listings. Clicking on them with the right mouse button does not bring up any menu. The mouse hovering over each one will highlight it but using delete on the keyboard does not work. The program was installed by a computer firm. Could they have installed this from another disk instead of my own new one? Help please.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word Mail merge in Tools

Customizations to menus and toolbars are stored in Normal.dot, but global templates and add-ins can modify them.

To modify the menus and toolbars, select Tools/Customize...

Now, you can do two things:
    <UL><LI>If you want to restore all menus to the original (factory) settings, scroll down the list of toolbars and select Menu bar, then click the Reset button.
    <LI>If you have other customizations you want to keep, click on the Tools menu, then drag the surplus Mail Merge items away (one by one) from the menu. You can drop them when you see an x next to the mouse pointer.[/list]Now close the Customize dialog box.

Quit and re-start Word. If the surplus items are gone, fine.

If they have come back, they are probably created by a global template or add-in. Select Tools/Templates and Add-ins. Try unchecking loaded global templates and add-ins one by one. Click OK each time and see if the surplus menu items disappear. This should help you find the culprit.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word Mail merge in Tools

Thanks for prompt reply. Will try it all tomorrow. Midnight now.

Thanks

Menu customization

Wow ! This is pretty neat how easily one can customize the menus to suit personal needs!
    Attached Images Attached Images